My July reading month was pretty great. In total, I’ve read 10 books, including my very first poetry collection and an audiobook!
Well, when I say ‘read’ I’m not being entirely truthful because I DNF’d 3 of the books I read. I know, big shocker, right? I normally never DNF books, so this came as a bit of a surprise to me. It could be because the last week or so, I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump and I wasn’t feeling any of the books I read. I really hope to get out of it soon, because it’s summer and I have so much more time to read!
In other news, I got myself a subscription to an audiobook service! I figured that, if I wasn’t going to read a book, I could just listen to one. I’m very glad I made that decision, because I’m loving it! I might even do an entire blogpost on audiobooks.
So, because I read 10 books this month, I’m not going to write my thoughts about every single one of them in this wrap-up, like I normally would. Instead, I’m just going to give you the ratings and links to the reviews that are already up, and start a mini-review series. That’s right, my very first series! There are so many books that I don’t review because I don’t have enough thoughts/feelings about the book to fill an entire review, so a series of mini-reviews would be perfect for that!
Anyway, here are the books I read in the month of July:
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One, by Amanda Lovelace
- Flames Like Vines, by Sara Raasch
- The Forgotten Mountain, by Heather Lyons DNF
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis
- In the Present Tense, by Carrie Pack
- Word Nerd, by Susin Nielsen
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë DNF
- An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green DNF
- My Lady Jane, by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jody Meadows
What am I currently reading?
Anyway, I hope you’re all doing great and you’ll have an amazing August!
What books did you read in July?