Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Olivia @ Olivia Chanel’s Galaxy of Books (thank you so much!). I really liked doing this, since I loved the questions she asked. Anyway, let’s just get into it.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. What is your favorite season of the year?
Autumn. Definitely. I love seeing the colours of the leaves change, I love sweater weather, I love rainy walks, I love baking apple pies from the apples we picked from our apple tree, I just love everything about it.
2.Do you like reading books outside during summer?
I do! But I hate hot weather, so once it gets above 30 degrees I go inside and sit next to an air conditioner.
3. What is one lesson you have learned since you started blogging?
When I started blogging I thought it was going to be easy. I thought I could finish every review within 10 minutes and I could easily post something at least 3 times a week. Turns out it’s not that easy and blogging takes a lot of work. But it’s still a lot of fun!
4. What book have you reread the most times?
I’m not a big rereader. I don’t like reading a story when I already know everything that’s going to happen. I also have a very big TBR, and I feel a bit guilty for rereading a book when I’ve still got so many new stories to read.
The only book I’ve ever reread is probably Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, which I reread only recently. I’m planning on rereading the whole series, because it’s one of my favorites and I really miss the world and the characters. Screw feeling guilty.
5. What blogger would you love to one day have a collaboration with?
This is going to be super cheesy, but I’ll have to go with the person who tagged me to do this, Olivia. She’s super creative and always has the best blogpost ideas, and have you seen her graphics? They’re works of art. She’s also a very good friend, and an incredibly kind person. Oh wow, while writing this I got an idea for a colab! Maybe I’ll DM her about it…
6. If you have any, how do you arrange your bookshelves?
Oh, this is going to be so difficult to explain because my shelves are a mess, but let me try. I basically have 4 different shelves: a big one next to my dresser, a smaller one in my ‘reading corner’, and 2 shelves on my wall.
My biggest one holds all of my fantasy reads, and the top shelf is solely dedicated to Rick Riordan books. Every shelf on that big bookshelf (does that sentence make any sense) is arranged in a different way, so I’m not even going to try to explain it because it’d get very confusing.
The smaller bookshelf in my reading corner holds all of my contemporary books, and is arranged by color. From my 2 shelves on the wall, the top one holds all of my hardbacks (because I don’t have many and like to keep them separate), and the bottom one holds all of my non-fiction, classics and poetry books.
I really hope that made sense to all of you.
7. What does a perfect day look like for you?
My perfect day would be a warm (15 degrees?) autumn day. A day where I can sleep in, and lie in bed reading for as long as I like. I get up, have freshly baked bread for breakfast, and get dressed. Then it starts to rain, and I grab my umbrella to go for a walk in the rain. I’ll visit my grandma. We do a few bordgames, have a cup of tea and have a great conversation.
When I’m home again, I bake an apple pie, and while it’s baking I grab my book and sit outside, where the sun is shining right now. I read until the apple pie is done, and then I nestle on the couch with my family and eat while we’re watching a Disney movie.
When it’s dinner time, I cook something delicious and we all eat it together, at the table outside. After dinner, I spend some more time with my family, and I read and maybe watch some Netflix. Then I go to bed.
8. Do you listen to music when you read and/or study?
I literally have the attention span of a gold fish. Every little sound I hear and every little thing I see distracts me, so no music. The only music I can tolerate while studying/reading is instrumental music, and even that makes it difficult.
9. What is your favorite song of all time?
I grew up listening to Bruce Springsteen music. Hell, I even use my dad’s old XXL Springsteen concert shirts as pajamas. My favorite song of his has to be Thunder Road, and listening to it always makes me smile because it reminds me of my childhood.
Three more ‘modern’ songs that I love are Yellow Brick Road by Agnus and Julia Stone, which always calms me down, Goodnight Moon by Go Radio, which helps me fall asleep, and Jenny by The Maine, which makes me feel a lot of emotions.
10. Do you schedule blog posts or post spontaneously?
I always schedule my posts, even if it’s for the next morning. I always pick a time that’s not to early, so I can read the post again in the morning just to check if there aren’t any obvious spelling mistakes.
11. What is one thing about you that not a lot of people know?
Oh, that’s a really hard one! I’m a really open person, so a lot of people probably know a lot about me. Hmm, I don’t think a lot of people know that I can play both the guitar and the ukulele? I haven’t done it in some time, but I can do it, haha. I also sing, but I’m not great.
- If you had to make a playlist for the book you’re currently reading, what 3 songs would be on there?
- What is one blog post you’re incredibly proud of?
- What book has been on your TBR the longest?
- What, besides reading, is your favorite thing to do?
- What is one book that you wanted to love, but ended up hating?
- What is your favourite reading snack?
- What made you start blogging?
- Do you think you’ll still be blogging a year from now?
- If you had to pick 3 non-Harry Potter characters to share a room with at Hogwarts, who would you choose?
- What is your favorite first sentence of a book?
- Do you read poetry? If so, who is your favorite poet?
I want to nominate:
Lili @ Utopia State of Mind
Alice @ Most Ardently Alice
Allie @ A Literary Wanderer
Chelsea @ romweasley
Sofia @ BookishWanderess
Fay @ suckerforcoffe
Puput @ Sparkling Letters
Nienke @ The Daily Planets
Ayla @ Books & Babbles
Taryn @ Novel Paradise
I would love to see your answers to my questions! And thank you again Olivia for nominating me ❤